[bookshare-discuss] Suggestion for Harry

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 00:22:35 -0500

This is a kludge, but it may alleviate your problem.
First save the book as an RTF file name it say longbook.rtf.
OK Now do you have word on your system? If so open the rtf file in word,
make a change, any change, then resave the file.
Now open the file in kurzweil. I would use the open-with dialog but you could also open the file from the Kurzweil menu.
Word will have put page brakes in the file for you.
hope this helps.

Of course the page brakes will bare no relation to the page brakes in the printed version of the book but at least you can use it.

Sincerely Yours:
Duane Iverson

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C.S. Lewis