[bookshare-discuss] Submitted: Braided Creek: a conversation in poetry

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:47:13 -0700

TITLE:
Braided Creek: a conversation in poetry

AUTHOR:
Jim Harrison, Ted Kooser

YEAR OF COPYRIGHT:
2003 by Jim Harrison, Ted Kooser

GENRE:  (checkboxes)

How Many Pages:

SHORT DESCRIPTION: 200 character limit (with spaces)
 (183, w/ spaces)
A short work, 85 pages long, with four three-line, or four-line, poems per
page.
An exchange between two writer friends, written after Ted Kooser had been
diagnosed with throat cancer.

ISBN #:
Left blank (see below)

LONGER DESCRIPTION:
Publisher?s Comments:
Two voices of the American landscape create a remarkable suite of lyrics.
For years Jim Harrison and Ted Kooser exchanged letters and poems, then
Kooser was diagnosed with cancer. "Ted's poetry became overwhelmingly vivid,
" Harrison recalls. "Then we decided to correspond in short poems, because
that was the essence of what we wanted to say to each other." Braided Creek
contains more than 300 poems exchanged in this longstanding correspondence.
Wise, wry, and penetrating, the poems touch upon numerous subjects, from the
natural world to the nature of time. Harrison and Kooser decided to remain
silent over who wrote which poem, allowing their voices, ideas, and images
to swirl and merge into this remarkable suite of lyrics. Each time I go
outside the world is different. This has happened all my life. The moon put
her hand over my mouth and told me to shut up and watch. A nephew rubs the
sore feet of his aunt, and the rope that lifts us all toward grace creaks on
the pulley. Under the storyteller's hat are many heads, all troubled.   85
pages.

VOLUNTEER COMMENTS:
This book of poetry was scanned using Kurzweil K-1000 ver. 10.05. Line
endings were respected in the General settings for poetry to be as printed.
Pages were normalized, headers removed, ranked spelling was run.  Very few
errors. Submitted in RTF, KES copy still available if desired. Contact me if
needed at d28rik@xxxxxxxx
NOTE on ISBN #:  The submit page would not accept the ISBN I had for the
book, and I had even verified it online. So I left the field blank,and here
is the info I found:  1-55659-187 (book's copyright page), 155659187x  (at
POWELL?S BOOKS.)