[bookshare-discuss] Re: Shannon's Reads

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:37:56 -0700

Reel-to-reel tapes, I remember them, used them when I was in college.  Fell
asleep often, but oddly enough, generally when I rewound a tape to catch
what I missed apparently I heard it in my sleep, and occasionally I also
found myself as one of the characters in a literature book or something.
I'd be hearing the reading but it was like I was there being the person,
living through the experience.  I still do that when listening to a book if
I fall asleep,.  Then there are those time when I dream I take the cassette
out, or turn off the switch and the books keep playing, no matter where I
am, no matter where I go, even if I leave the house in the dream, the reader
just keeps with me--OK so my dreams are weird.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx