[bookshare-discuss] Re: Seeking A Solution

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:01:07 -0700

Actually, it is not just for those who are specifically blind, but for
those who also are dyslexic or others who qualify to have a struggle
reading print, therefore requiring the books in a digital format as I
understand the basic bookshare statement.

On 6/22/08, Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know the old site you folks are talking about, but, any
> semi-literate can set up there own email list on www.freelists.org, and
> invite others to join.
>
> I would highly suggest that those setting up lists avoid product names like
> bookshare or jaws unless the discussion is specifically about that product.
>
> For example, those interested in a discussion about blind culture could set
> up a blind-culture-disscuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and invite members of this list
> to join them.
>
> I am really disheartened by the number of off topic discussions going on on
> this list. It clutters up the list and offers nothing useful about books.
> Putting "ot" in front of a subject doesn't exonerate the author as an off
> topic is supposed to be a few messages where one person asks a question in
> the first email, and subsequent people respond with short and succinct
> answers.
>
> As I understand it, bookshare is all about books for the blind, and this
> list is about books and bookshare.
>

> Bob

Chela
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
WindowsLiveMessenger Only (PLEASE E-Mail ME BEFORE ADDING ME TO YOUR
CONTACTS!): cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690550695 (PLEASE
E-MAIL ME BEFORE I EITHER ADD OR REJECT YOUR FACEBOOK REQUESTS!)
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/chelarobles (AGAIN, PLEASE E-MAIL ME
BEFORE YOUR REQUEST IS IETHER REJECTED OR ACCEPTED!)
Skype: jazzytrumpet (E-Mail ME ABOUT ADDING YOU ONTO MY SKYPE CONTACTS
BEFORE I GIVE A CONFIRMATION Of YES OR NO!)
Mobile Phone: (925) 250-5955 (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WORK WITH ME, OR WHO KNOW ME)