[bookshare-discuss] Science Fiction Book Club for July is being scanned

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:20:14 -0700

Since the July selection for the SF book club (Unreasoning Mask by Philip Jose Farmer) is rated as fair on bookshare, and I have a copy, I will do a BSO (especially since my copy has 260 pages and bookshare says that copy is 122 pages, there couldn't be that much difference even between paperback and hardcover) . I should be able to finish in 2 or 3 days, then if someone could do a fast (but not too fast) validation, anyone who hasn't picked up the book somewhere else could read it.

Another reason I decided to do this BSO, bookshare has no synopsis and appropriately the blurb on the first page starts "In lieu of a plot synopsis..." and then continues, "To say that the plot defies synopsis is an understatement, that is a major part of the book's charm. You keep waiting for the hero to trip over the author's loose ends; when he doesn't, you end up cheering. With such an unpredictable story line, it would seem impossible to create a surprise ending. Yet Farmer manages to achieve that too. --Penthouse"

Also, I'm sending this to both lists because it has to do with the SF book club and volunteering. So, Cindy, if you could put "Unreasoning Mask by Philip Jose Farmer" on the being scanned list, thanks.

Misha