[bookshare-discuss] Requesting Imperial Earth by Arthur C. Clark

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:42:24 -0400

   Dear Booksharian Friends,

The SF group is reading Imperial Earth by Arthur C. Clarke which is in the collection but only rated good. The meeting is next Thursday, May 8th. To help the reading groups to accomplish their goals of providing a place for readers with similar interests to discuss books and socialize, and to promote Bookshare, we need group selections to be examples of the excellent documents we volunteers contribute.I'm embarrassed when groups are referred to books that aren't excellent.

This is a rush request. If anyone can scan Imperial Earth quickly, I'll bump it to my top priority and pull an all dayer and all nighter reading word by word as in my customary fashion, and have it validated and uploaded as far before the meeting as possible. Every day counts here. The sooner this BSO is in the collection, the more likely it will be for readers to access an excellent version before the SF group takes off on the 28th.

I'm not being realistic asking for us to finish this project in a few days and before the group meets, but I think most things are worth a try. if anyone will scan it, in the next few months, I'll be pleased to validate even without the adrenaline rush. Many of us are still recovering from the news of Clarke's recent death. I would be proud at any time to help elevate one of his works in our collection to excellent status. I'll be watching the Bookshare lists to see if anyone can help with Imperial Earth, or you can contact me off list at

airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

if it would help expedite the task.

Always with love,