[bookshare-discuss] "On the Run" by Michael Coleman

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

My wishes-to-remain-anonymous friend sent me a review
of this book because she thought it would be a good
addition to the collection if it isn't already in. I
checked the collection, the download list and
Marissa's List and, though there are two other books
with that title, this book is not one of them.

I agree with my friend that it sounds like a good book
for teenages, as the review suggests. The review is
from the Huntsville, Alabama Times, Sunday, June 12. I
have abridged it.

> Book Review: "On the Run" by Michael Coleman
>
> By SARA McDARIS For The Times
>
> "Brit's book geared to teens, but its messages will
> resonate with all ages

> This novel, written for teenagers but interesting
> enough for adults, takes
> place in London. It begins, "Luke was a thief." The
> assertion reverberates
> throughout a book just the right length for teens.
>
> Caught between the law and the rules of a teenage
> gang, Luke is buffeted as
> the pressure from each group grows. His own thoughts
> buffet him just as
> fiercely as he weighs the options presented him.

[Another character is]  "Jodi. ...

http://mail.yahoo.com