[bookshare-discuss] OT: twitter book characters come alive

  • From: "susan l. gerhart" <slger123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:00:21 -0700

I just had to share this little book  marketing gimmick that's really fun.

after completing the Macy dobbs series, I was pointed to Mary russell by Laurie
r. King, 6 of 9 in the series on bookshare. I mentioned this series in a tweet
and soon @mary_russell was following me.  whoa, was this a modern day person
with that name? Nope,  user profile describes the detective and theologian with
reference to Laurie R. King, the author as her literary agent.

Now,  you have to be really into twitter to experience the full effect of "Mary
russell is following you", as sherlock Holmes successor  story was set in the
1920's.

The gimmick worked and got me to the author's website. are other literary
characters, impersonating their authors, appearing on twitter? should they be
invited to join their books on bookshare?

More practically, is anybody scanning the remaining 3 series books? If not,
I'll do so.

slger123