[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: brf books

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:18:08 -0400

Hi, Sue, and congratulations on the new computer! I hope it's working out well
for you. It sounds like you need to make a file association. How do you
normally open BRF files? Go into My Computer and find the file you're wanting
to open. Instead of hitting Enter, go into the File menu with Alt-F, then
choose the Open With submenu. From there, choose which program you want to use
and that should work for you. If you do hit enter, you'll get a message that
Windows doesn't know which program to use, and from that dialog box, you can
choose the program and have it open that type of file with that program all the
time from then on, and that'll create the file association you need. You can
find Word Pad, I believe in Start Menu, All Programs Submenu, then the
Accessories submenu, so I'm sure Word Pad is still there. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger only (no email): mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx