[bookshare-discuss] OT: T. Jefferson Parker's new book and synesthesia

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louise <bookscanner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:20:51 -0800 (PST)

Listening to the radio in the car today, I heard part
of an interview with T. Jefferson Parker. His new book
features a San Diego detective who, because of a fall
in which he hit his head, now has synesthesia and can
tell when people who are speaking to him are telling
the truth or lieing because of the colors. I think
I'll have to read it, both because it's set in San
Diego and because of the synesthesia, about which I
would have known nothing except for those of you who
have told us about it. I wish I could see sounds in
colors.