[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Seeing you?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:29:16 EDT

Because I am in West Virginia there is little chance of your running into
me, but I, for one, would not mind your speaking to me at all. Even though I am

not sensitive about the subject in principle, I get a bit tired of the main
topic of conversation with every new person I meet being my lack of eyesight.
It  would be nice to encounter someone who could talk about Bookshare, which
is  something along with the NLS and RFB&D that I have never encountered a
sighted person who has ever heard of it. In a message dated 8/27/2008 10:51:51
P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, popularplace@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  for the encouragement. Maybe the next time I see a blind person I
will. The  young lady I saw was alone; the gentleman was with two friends and
having a  conversation so I wouldn't want to interrupt--and my husband was with
me and  he gets emabarrassed--but the next I am alone and the person is I think
I  will. Then if by chance the person doesn't know about bookshare I can tell
 him/her

***WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE  COLLECTION)IS
AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

A  LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

Jake's  site for useful links: http://www.jbrownell.com/bkslinks.html