[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Barney & Children's programming

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:41:28 -0800 (PST)

Those programs didn't exist when I was young--of
course, neither did television. But my daughters and I
enjoyed Captain Kangaroo and they enjoyed Mr. Rogers.

For a brief time when my now 38-year-old daughter was
very young there was a wonderful children's program
from Australia. I loved it because of the different
words for things--lift for elevator, pram for baby
carriage, tram for streetcar. She enjoyed it, too; the
characters were real and the stories or activities
were good. It was too short-lived on U.S. television.
Does anyone happen to remember it? Maybe some of you
from Canada  or elsewhere saw it?

G.Cindy
--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>