[bookshare-discuss] Re: O T JAWS 10

  • From: "Ron Miller" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:02:40 -0500

Good afternoon Roger and everyone,
You might want to listen to our August and September FSCast podcasts
before making a final decision as to whether or not you want to use JAWS
10. You can find the MP3 files at:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/default.asp

Regarding Auto Forms Mode: many people are finding that it most
definitely improves their web browsing experience, especially when using
online forms. If you don't want to use Auto Forms mode, you can simply
disable it and JAWS will act as it always has. If you find that Auto
Forms mode is activating when you are using quick nav keys to move
through an online form and you don't want it to activate every time you
land on a form element because you then cannot move away from that
element using a quick nav key, you can set a delay so that Auto Forms
mode won't immediately activate when you land on it after pressing a
quick nav key.

Please send me an email off list if you would like me to send you the
instructions on how to disable Auto Forms mode or set a nav key delay.

Best regards

Ron Miller