[bookshare-discuss] Re: More New Books

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:30:01 -0700

Probably some kind of combo box that lets you choose the language you want to browse books in. That would seem to be a logical method.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brenda Mueller" <brendin@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:33:12 -0500

Brenda,

If you're asking about how the Browse Books page will look when they add the
link below, I haven't a clue. They don't seem to do what's logical half the
time, like moving the 3 Browse links to their own page instead of leaving
them on every page or creating a page for a Simple Search then adding that
search to the top of every page so that there's no reason to ever go to the
Simple Search page because it's already on the page you're on. The Tech
Advisors have pointed these things out to them, as well as asked them some
time back to add the two links for browsing new books in either English or
Spanish only to the Browse Books page so everyone can use them.

As for how Bookshare plans to deal with copyright laws in other countries, I
explained that in my reply to Lissi. They're asking publishers for
permission to distribute the books. Copyright law only applies if you copy
something without permission.

Gerald

From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:30:16 -0500

Brenda,

Bookshare may reside in the U.S., but it has plans to go international,
possibly in the next year.

BTW, it's probably a 99+% chance that the link below will be the browsing
new books in English section that you're demanding. It meets all of the
needs, so I doubt Bookshare will spend any Engineering money to develop
another method. We've asked Bookshare to add it to the Browse Books page,
along with the nearly identical link for browsing new books written in
Spanish.

Gerald

From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:44:58 -0500
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] More New Books

Gustavo's approved some more books this morning. If you'd like to see an
updated list of the new books now and possibly download a few, then click
on
the following link.

Browse
<http://www.bookshare.org/web/BooksByAdvancedSearch.html?titlestring=&auth
string=&sort=4&language=en&quality=0&category%5B%5D=0&operation=submit&sub
t=Search> New Books - English Only

If you can't click on the link because your e-mail software can't receive
HTML messages, then go to www.jbrownell.com <http://www.jbrownell.com/
and
click on Useful Bookshare Links then click on English books sorted by most
recent publication date.

Gerald

Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list

Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list