[bookshare-discuss] Manipulating RTF files

  • From: "L. Sammons" <lsammons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:45:52 -0800

Hi All

I am partially sighted and I'm pretty new to doing scans, I've had one book
accepted, and Have just finished a longer one. I have a problem.

I'm using Omni Page Pro wich does a really good, nearly error free job. and
produces RTF files but after about 100 pages it starts running slow so I
broke the 550 page book into four sections. I now have four well formatted
RTF files which contain the entire book but when I try to combine them,
using Microsoft Word, the formatting goes to pot. The text is still good but
the pagination is bad some pages have only one line of text on them etc.

Does anybody know how to use Word to put files together without screwing
them up or does anybody know of a stand alone program which will do the job.
Or should I just submit the book as is. It will read ok in html format, or
as a text file.

Thanks

Sam Sammons