[bookshare-discuss] Indiana University Press Has Signed Our Agreement

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:53:58 +0000

Hi again everyone,

We got all of these announcements over the past few days, but I'm just now
getting to them. My apologies for the delay!

Indiana University Press, founded in 1950 and located in Bloomington, Indiana -
and the distinguished alma mater of our colleague Fred Slone - has signed our
agreement, giving us world rights to its titles specializings in the
humanities<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities> and social
sciences<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_sciences>. IU Press is currently
one of the largest public university presses in the United
States<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States>.   It publishes 140 new
books<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book> annually, in addition to 29 academic
journals<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_journal> and has a backlist of
between 2-3,000 titles.  It will be giving us titles in EPUB and is distributed
through Ingram's CoreSource.
Their titles include scholarly essays, fiction, poetry, and art in a wide range
of subject areas including legal studies, feminist and American philosophy,
Judaism and science, Middle East women's studies, feminist studies in religion,
film, bioethics, folklore, African American and African studies and literature,
electronic services, modern literature, Victorian studies, transnationalism,
early modern cultural studies, and environmental ethics.

http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator