[bookshare-discuss] I'm revising the Books-Being Scanned list, which will be longer tonight.

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:26:40 -0700 (PDT)

It was brought to my attention that some people look
only at the Books Being Scanned list to be sure that
what they want to scan is not already being scanned.
(Presumably they also check the collection and the
Books in Process list; I know most of you do, but I
think it merits reminding). They don't check the Wish
list because they're not looking for a book to scan,
they already know what they want to do and just want
to be sure it isn't already being done.

The main purpose of the Wish List is for people to ask
for books and submitters to go to the list to choose a
request to grant, if they so desire. So as of tonight,
books from the Wish List that are being or planning to
be scanned will be added to the Books Being Scanned
List. This will be posted on Jamie's and Jim's (I
hope) sites and on the volunteer list (does it need to
be on the bookshare list too?) whenever they are
additions or deletions.

I'll keep them on the Wish List, too, in case wishers
check to see if their wishes are being granted.

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/