[bookshare-discuss] Re: ISBN numbers on newer books

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:20:00 -0600

Dilsia,

ISBNs are changing from 10 digits to 13 digits.  13 digit ISBNs won't be
required until next year, but many publishers have begun using it and
assigning both 10 and 13 digit ISBNs to their books.

Bookshare hasn't yet notified us that they can handle 13 digit ISBNs, so you
should continue to use the 10 digit ISBN until you hear differently.

HTH

Gerald

  _____