[bookshare-discuss] Re: How do you convert a book file for use on MP3 Player

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:55:46 -0400

Hi all,

Sharon, this depends on what software you have.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 07:26:58AM -0700, Sharon Talmadge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a new BookShare user.  How do I convert a book file that I download so
> that it can be heard on a MP3 player?

You have two problems here.  First, you need a program to convert text to MP3.
Kurzie will do it.  So will OB.  Do you have either software?  If not suggest
googling for text aloud by Nextup.  That will do the trick.  You will want to
download the BRF files and convert them to text first, though, unless you have
eclipse reader,.  That will do the trick too.  I don't think the Victor player
can do this.

Next, you need a CD player that will play MP3's.  That's not so hard to find.

If you can give me more specific info privately, I can help you.

Ann P.

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT