[bookshare-discuss] Re: "Haymarket books"

  • From: andy shields <ashields2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:09:12 -0400

Hi,

Just to see what would happen, I did a basic search for "Naomi Klein" and found the book you've mentioned. However: once I logged in, generating the "My Bookshare" page, I also found the following: "This is a restricted title. Either it is not available for download in your region, or your address information is incomplete."

Well: this happened one other time, and I confirmed then what I already knew, that my subscription information is fully accurate and up-to-date. Therefore, the "not in your region" would seem to apply, since this book, like the other one that led to this message, comes from a Canadian publisher. Two related things, which I also experienced with the other title: you'll only find it listed if you do an author search generically, you could say-without logging in. If you are logged in before as search, it won't appear in the results. "Don't worry, I'm almost done": this situation resolved itself the first time-the book became available-within a month or two, I forget the specific time frame. And I have the link to the page, if someone wants to see whether it's accessible whereever you are. Let me know.

Andy
 Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.