[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fwd: Fw: All the News That's Fit to Hear

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <Richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:58:45 -0500

Hi Cindy,

I went to the Metropolitan Washington Ear site.  They say that if you are
outside of the Washington DC area, several other options are available for
systems that use the Telephone Reader software.  In this area, it is the
Kentucky Council of the Blind's Talking Newspaper.  I am a member of that.
My impression is that the Washington Ear uses a lot more hhuman readers than
are used here.  This software comes out of the University of Kansas.

The Metropolitan Washington Ear also operates a radio reading service.  To
hear it, go to the website at:
www.washear.org.