[bookshare-discuss] Fw: For Bookshare Planning Committee - Victor Reader Stream - Tell Us Your Story on Tek Talk Monday, August 25, 2008

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:02:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat Price" <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Pat Price" <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:54 AM
Subject: For Bookshare Planning Committee - Victor Reader Stream - Tell Us Your Story on Tek Talk Monday, August 25, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

The Accessible World News Wire, Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Victor Reader Stream - Tell us Your Story On Tek Talk Monday, August 25,
2008

As we approach the first anniversary of the Victor Reader Stream, Accessible
World Tech Talk wants to hear from Stream users. Monday August 25 we will
host a user forum for the Victor Reader Stream. We
invite you to   tell us your story. What has the Stream done to change
the way you access information? How and why do you use your Stream? How has
it changed your life as a student, working age adult, or how do you just
plain have fun with it? Have you used it for unusual purposes that perhaps
others have not thought of? Do you have tips and tricks to share with your
fellow Stream users? We will begin the session with two users whom we have
asked to get the discussion going with their own stories.
Then the room will be opened for you to share your experiences. You can also
ask questions to our invited presenters and to each other. We have also
invited Gerry Chevalier, HumanWare Victor Reader Product Manager, to provide
a few tips and tricks of his own. This is your opportunity to share your
experiences and learn more about how others use this this versatile little
DAISY, MP3, and voice recorder which has already affected the lifestyle of
over 10,000 users worldwide.

Join us to tell your Stream stories next Monday ..

(HumanWare Contact Info:
Australia: au.sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +61 2 9686 2600

Canada: ca.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 1-888-723-7273

UK and Europe:  eu.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel:+44 1933 415 800

USA: us.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 1-800-722-3393)

Date: Monday, August 25, 2008

Time: 5:00 p.m. Pacific, 6:00 p.m. Mountain, 7:00 p.m. Central,
8:00 p.m. Eastern and elsewhere in the world Tuesday 0:00 GMT.

Where: TekTalk Conference Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

Or, alternatively,

http://www.accessibleworld.org. Select the TekTalk room, enter your first
and last names on the sign-in screen.

All Tech Talk training events are recorded so if you are unable to
participate live at the above times then you may download the presentation
or podcast from the Tech Talk archives on our website at
http://www.accessibleworld.org.

All online interactive programs require no password, are free of charge, and
open to anyone worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer,
speakers, and a sound card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with
the presenters and others in the virtual audience.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download and then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to
the Accessible World online rooms.

Sign up information for all Accessible World News Wires and discussion lists
are also available at our website: http://www.accessibleworld.org.

Media Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair, Planning Committee
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.helpinghands4theblind.com

Pat Price, Founder and Events Coordinator
The Accessible World Symposiums
Vision Worldwide, Inc.
317-254-1185
Email: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.accessibleworld.org

The Accessible World, a division of Vision Worldwide, Inc. a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization,  seeks to educate the general public, the
disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly
relevant information about new products, services, and training
opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access
barriers that adversely affect them.