[bookshare-discuss] Re: Filling A Wish

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

Validating is fun, Patti, if you like to read. All you
have to do is to read the book, correcting scanning
errors as you go and making sure there are no missing
pages and that there are page breaks--and that there
is copyright information. If there are some titles on
the download list that interest you, click on the
title and read the comments and the rating, and, I
suggest, the number of pages in the book. Take a short
book rated Excellent. If you find there are a lot of
errors and you can't figure out from the context what
the words should be (not every rated-excellent book
really is) then go to the upload page and release it
and try another one. You could take a children's book,
but remember that those may not have page numbers, but
they should have page breaks.

If you like to read--and I assume you do or you
wouldn't be a member of bookshare, unless you need the
books for school--then validating is a fun way of
reading books without using the 50 or more you're
allotted, and helping get more books into the
collection--plus now you earn $2.50 toward your next
membership. And everyone the volunteer list
(bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) is willing to help. No
question is too easy or difficult. smile

Cindy