[bookshare-discuss] Re: Dog Show, dog book, dog week

  • From: lana <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 02:03:49 -0700

This is the best televized show you will find.  The ones on Animal Planet take
their commercials during the judging; so you don't get to hear about all the
breeds.  Sometimes, they don't say much about them, at all.
Unlike my previous correspondent, I am a nut about pedigree dogs.  That's not
taking away from all those others out there who are eunique unto themselves.
I've just been interested in them for years, their histories, differences, uses
for which they were bred, how that breeding prepared them for today's many
uses, sizes, coat qualities, shapes of ears and length of tails.  It's like
someone who just wants a car to get around in compared to someone who reads all
the consumer reports and catalogues and ends up sighing and making sad eyes at
the flashy or fast or big ones he can't have.
In short, I love the show.
Too bad we couldn't have the AKC book with all the breeds in it to read.  I've
looked several up online.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes not.  The cbiggist
dissapointment I had was scanning two huge volumes on the subject.  The writing
was scattered all over the page, around pictures and in different faunts.  The
result was a waste of more hours than I care to count; so I really look forward
to this show.