[bookshare-discuss] Re: Dividing brf files

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:04:41 -0700

At 08:10 PM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>problem is to divide the brf file somehow, maybe making it into two or
>three parts and transferring them to my Braille Lite in smaller
>packets.  Perhaps this is an elementary question, but can anyone, either
>on or off list, give me some pointers on how to divide the file and

Hello.  What you need is called a file splitter.  There are tons of them
out there for DOS, Windows or Linux.  I would suggest trying google for
"file splitter windows" without quotes.  If you really cannot find
anything, I will send you one or a link if you write off list.  I am sure
you will get many responses to this.  Another thing you could try is to
split them with a word processor as long as you make sure you save each
file as plain DOS text.  Word will do this.  There are many notepad
replacements with large file limits.  The nice thing about generic
splitters is that you can give an arbitrary size and the file will be no
bigger than what you specify.  It is more problematic if you are splitting
yourself.