[bookshare-discuss] Dan's Tip of the Day

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aw-announcements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:15:12 -0700

Things to ponder:

If lawyers can be disbarred, can cowboys be deranged?

Single women complain that all good men are married, while all married women
complain about their lousy husbands. This confirms that there is no such
thing as a good man.

What's with the people who put carpeting on the lid of their toilet seat?
What are they thinking -- "Gosh, if we have a party there may not be enough
standing room; I'd better carpet the toilet too."

Fact of the day:

Babies have more bones in their bodies than adults. As the babies grow
older, some bones eventually fuse together (like in the skull), resulting in
fewer bones as an adult.

The Harbolt company... Great Products, Great Service,

Great Company! Check us out!

Note from Dan:

Below this introduction from the Harbolt company, I have included some links
from the home page.)

An Introduction to the Harbolt Company. Many of you may have never heard of
the Harbolt

Company, so we would like to start off with who we are, and what we do. We
have a passion for

all things exciting, accessible, and most of all, anything that involves
technology. Our first

priority is our customers, and we place the highest value on their
satisfaction and enjoyment of

our products. It is our goal to make your shopping experience fun and
affordable. It is because of

this, that with the Harbolt Company, you will never pay retail! At the
Harbolt Company, we

specialize in mainstream and unique electronics that are accessible for
those who are blind or

visually impaired. If you need something for your Computer, MP3 Player,
Android device,

iPhone, iPad, or IPod, chances are we have it. you will also find a full
range of premium

headphones, earbuds, Bluetooth speakers, and other audio related items. When
shopping with us

you will find you are receiving more than our products. Every product on our
website is

thoroughly tested for its accessibility. Since we too, are visually
impaired, if we can't use it,

we won't sell it. Also provided with each product, are written and audio
descriptions. We

have a lot of fun and we hope you will to. Where to find our products and
how to reach us. Our

website is:

http://www.harboltcompany.com/

and we also have a newsletter that can be subscribed to

on the above mentioned sight. There are many exciting announcements inside
our newsletter.

These include a mystery box auction, our featured deal of the day, and even
more surprises.

Recently, the Harbolt Company was an honored guest on the Blind Abilities
podcast.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx0th5ix79psswl/Harbolt_Company_-

_Great_Products_Great_Service_Great_Company.mp3?dl=/font> We at the Harbolt
Company

would love to have you join us in our passion for accessible electronics.
This is truly a lot of fun

for us, and we hope it will be the same for you too. Blessings The Harbolt
Company

http://www.harboltcompany.com sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 405-633-2572 --

Contact: sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 405-633-2572

The top of this home page have the usual navigation links including: a link
that takes you back to the introduction pagem, a search field, go link for
searching, log-in, "my account", view cart, check out

Homepage: <http://www.harboltcompany.com/> http://www.harboltcompany.com/

About us: <http://www.harboltcompany.com/about-our-company.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/about-our-company.html

Products: <http://www.harboltcompany.com/All-Items/>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/All-Items/

Specials: <http://www.harboltcompany.com/specials.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/specials.html

New arrivals: <http://www.harboltcompany.com/new_arrivals.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/new_arrivals.html

The next link is for contacting the company. This link will open to a as
snown below:

The Harbolt Company

<http://www.harboltcompany.com/> www.harboltcompany.com

<mailto:sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

405-633-2572

Here is the direct link to "contact us."

<http://www.harboltcompany.com/Contact-Us-5.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/Contact-Us-5.html

After the contact information and some introductory information is a link to
liking the company on facebook and/or follow them on Twitter.

Next is a "featured products" heading. After each product description in
text, there is a link to an audio description of each product.

This is an awesome addition to a webpage selling things. I would like more
of those.

On July 25 when reviewing the site, the featured products were:

Police Magnum Pepper Spray With KeyChain Holster and Safety Switch

http://www.harboltcompany.com/Police-Magnum-Pepper-Spray-With-KeyChain-Holst
er-and-Safety-Switch.html

Protect yourself and your loved ones with this strong Police Magnum pepper
spray. The unit contains .5 oz. of very strong pepper spray. This will shoot
accurately up to 6 feet and comes with a black key chain holster and
includes a safety switch. Don't be caught off guard again!

25 Million Volt Mini Rechargeable Stun Gun With Holster and Built In Charger

<http://www.harboltcompany.com/25-Million-Volt-Mini-Rechargeable-Stun-Gun-Wi
th-Holster-and-Built-In-Charger.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/25-Million-Volt-Mini-Rechargeable-Stun-Gun-Wit
h-Holster-and-Built-In-Charger.html

description from the webpage is as follows:

" This 25 million Volt mini stun gun provides a great self defense item for
anyone and is completely non lethal. this is perfect for someone who is
visually impaired because it works by touching a person anywhere on their
body with the prongs so no need for accuracy. Small, lightweight, and easily
able to fit in a pocket or purse. Includes a holster/case and a built in
charger. Available in black, pink, or purple. Please choose your color from
the drop down box before adding to cart."

Next on the webpage is a link to "new arrrivals."

After each link regarding a new arrival is a "details" link regarding that
product.

Acoustic Audio 200 Watt 2.1 Powered Subwoofer Home and Computer Speaker
System
<http://www.harboltcompany.com/Acoustic-Audio-200-Watt-2-1-Powered-Subwoofer
-Home-and-Computer-Speaker-System.html>

Tired of having mediocre computer or bedroom speakers? This 2.1 speaker
system with powered subwoofer by Acoustic Audio will take care of those
mediocre speaker blues. With 200 watts of pure power, two satellite
speakers, and a pumping powerd subwoofer, it is sure enough turn those blues
into oos! Great for a bedroom, office, study, dorm room, computer room, etc.

http://www.harboltcompany.com/Acoustic-Audio-200-Watt-2-1-Powered-Subwoofer-
Home-and-Computer-Speaker-System.html

Velodyne VQuiet Active Noise Canceling Over the Ear Rechargeable Headphones

$129.99

<http://www.harboltcompany.com/Velodyne-VQuiet-Active-Noise-Canceling-Over-t
he-Ear-Rechargeable-Headphones.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/Velodyne-VQuiet-Active-Noise-Canceling-Over-th
e-Ear-Rechargeable-Headphones.html

Under the new arrivals oink is a
"view all new arrivals."

Under the specials heading found under the new arrivals link are the
following as of July 25 2015:

LG Tone Ultra 800 Bluetooth Stereo Headset With Voice Feedback, JBL Sound
and Active Noise Canceling

<http://www.harboltcompany.com/LG-Tone-Ultra-800-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-Wi
th-Voice-Feedback-JBL-Sound-and-Active-Noise-Canceling.html>
http://www.harboltcompany.com/LG-Tone-Ultra-800-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-Wit
h-Voice-Feedback-JBL-Sound-and-Active-Noise-Canceling.html

Was: $74.99
Now: $69.99

I am impressed with the material offered. They have a wide variety of items
from not so costly and some high end. Thanks to Trish for send me a link to
this resource.

1Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does
what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

<http://www.biblestudytools.com/3-john/1-11.html> 3 John 1:11

To subscribe to Dan's tips or HotSpot with God Daily Devotional, send a
blank message to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx and include "subscribe Dan's Tips" or
Subscribe HotSpot with God" in the subject line.

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org