[bookshare-discuss] BrailleNote and Updated Bookshare Website Follow-up

  • From: Angela Griffith <angelag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:19:11 +0000

Hello,

As we all know, things are ever changing in our world of technology. Below is
the latest information regarding the updated site and the BrailleNote:

As a reminder, everything mentioned here will be effective after today
(10/27/14).

HumanWare has notified us that the BrailleNote will be able to access
Bookshare's pending website update. To access Bookshare when the website
launches, BrailleNote users simply need to disable scripting.

Steps to disable scripting:

1.       Log into your homepage or whatever you have chosen as your home site.

2.       Press backspace with J for the scripting shortcut.  It will say
"Scripting disabled"?

3.       Press Y to say Yes to disable scripting, followed by the enter key.

4.       Go to Bookshare and log in.

5.       Search and download your books.

We are pleased that the BrailleNote users will be able to fully access our
updated website and look forward to your feedback.

Angela Griffith
Bookshare Technical Support