[bookshare-discuss] Book submitted: God Sightings

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:25:38 -0400

Hi everyone, while on my retreat last week I worked on this book, smile. Enjoy.

 ISBN:
 0-687-09751-7

 Title:
 God Sightings: Discovering God in Everyday Life

 Author(s):
 Bass M. Mitchell

 Publisher:
 Abingdon Press

 Copyright Date:
 2001

 Copyrighted By:
 Dimensions for Living

 Brief Synopsis:
 31 reflections center on finding God's presence in daily life.

 Long Synopsis:
We cannot make the mountaintop experiences, those extraordinary encounters with God, the norm. We must not think that if we aren't having them all the time that something is wrong with our faith. Those mountaintop encounters are special gifts God gives us. We should cherish them. Revisit them. Draw strength from them. But we can't live there. God is as much, if not more so, in the valleys as on the mountaintops, if we will look and listen. From the Introduction Through thirty-one brief stories and reflections Bass M. Mitchell offers readers examples of how they might look and listen for "signs" of God each day of their life. Each selection begins with a verse of Scripture and ends with a prayer. Bass M. Mitchell is a freelance writer and pastor in Bath County, Virginia. He has served as a music director, a college instructor in religion, and a program director. Bass is a graduate of Duke University Divinity School.

 Comments:
Needs missing page numbers added. Besides that should be a really easy proof. has been read through and edited where I found errors. Contact me if you have any questions. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English US

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Nonfiction, Self-Help, Religion and Spirituality

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)