[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book submitted: Fur Seals and Other Pinnipeds

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:43:22 -0500

I'm now more than skeptical.  The following was clipped from the encyclopedia.

Dave

The Blue Whale,
the largest known animal that has ever lived. It may be up to 30 meters
long and weigh 180 tons.

Elephants are the largest living land
mammals.
At birth it is common for an elephant calf to weigh 100
kg
(225 pounds). It takes 20 to 22 months for a baby elephant to mature to
parturition, the longest
gestation
period of any land animal. An elephant may live as long as 60 to 70 years.
The largest elephant ever recorded was a male shot in
Angola
in 1974, weighing
12 tons