[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Submitted for Validation

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:47:38 -0400

Jim, thanks for scanning this. I've been wanting to read it since I saw this man on one of the morning news shows. One of our employees struggles with adult illiteracy, and this might help me to be a better manager and friend to him. It'll go on my Book Port as soon as it's approved for the collection. (smile)

Monica Willyard
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/plumlipstick

James Nuttall wrote:
1994
John Corcoran and Carole C. Carlson
The Teacher Who Couldn't Read

John Corcoran became a high school teacher--but he never learned how to read. Here is the incredible true story of a smart kid who slipped through the system and became part of it. John Corcoran graduated from high school and college and went on to become a high school teacher--but he never learned how to read. Corcoran shares his amazing experiences of using deception to survive in a world of literates, and he clearly defines what schools, teachers, churches, and parents can do to conquer the little-known but widely spread disease of our educational system: illiteracy.
Jim Nuttall--Michigan