[bookshare-discuss] Book Submitted: A Place to Belong

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:48:34 -0400

Submitted the Fourth Adventure in the Orphan Train Adventures.

Should be a really easy validation.  hmmm, me thinks I need sleep, smile.

Anyway, I have three more to go.

A Place to Belong (The Orphan Train Adventures #4)
Joan Lowery Nixon

Dr. Mundy, his face dark red with anger, struggled to stay in control. He
raised his voice and said firmly, "No need to shove or shout. If you're not
happy, I'll refund your money. Folks know my good reputation wherever I go."
"Not in New York," Danny said. "Your tonic killed a man there."
"A lie! The boy is lying!" Dr. Mundy shouted, glaring at Danny.
"I am not lying," Danny said. "You aren't a real doctor, either."
"The man's a crook!" someone yelled.
"A cheat! Give back our money!"
A woman screamed as the crowd pushed toward the wagon.
Dr. Mundy handed back coins as fast as he could, tossed bottles of pills and
tonic helter-skelter into the wagon, and scrambled to lift and lock the
wagon's gate. He paused in front of Danny, grabbing the collar of his coat
and poking his face close to Danny's. "I won't forget you, brat!" he said.
"I'll get you for this."

Danny Kelly and his other five brothers and sisters are sent west from New
York to Find new Homes.
Danny and his younger sister Peg feel lucky to be adopted by kind Alfrid and
Olga Swenson in St. Joseph, Missouri. But when Olga dies suddenly, the
children fear they will lose their wonderful new family.
Danny comes up with an ingenious plan so they won't be separated, and which
might even bring his real family back together. Then Danny runs into a phony
doctor he knew from New York City, who recognizes him. Can Danny protect
himself and those he loves from the evil doctor and still make his plan
work?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council