[bookshare-discuss] Re: Any tips for scanning pages with photo images?

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:26:08 -0400

I think the higher DPI works better because often times in kids books the
text of the words is glued into the picture, and the higher resolution helps
it understand what is text and what is background color, is not always a
grantee, but usually works pretty good.

And yep, if the book has clearly defined "text pages" and picture pages, in
a children's book then I will use only 300 dpi.

For adult books it is rare, I will not say it happens, but it is rare to
encounter a book where the text and pictures are merged together.  So the
300 dpi is better for them, plus as you pointed out faster, smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.