[bookshare-discuss] Re: Amazon and Sony Are Requesting That The Accessibility Requirement Be Waved for E-Book Readers

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 19:47:34 -0400

The question I have always had is this: why haven't vendors been behind
research into cheaper paperless braille? If they funded it, and it were
successful, they could sell a lot more units. I went to a conference in 1990
at which the late Tim Cranmer talked about the future of paperless braille.
He discussed things that were being researched. Here we are, twenty-three
years later, and we are still at about the same place we were then. Braille
displays have come down, but out of the range of most users.