[bookshare-discuss] Affordable Scanning Technology (was Re: Kelby's Books)

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:44:42 -0400

Hi, Ann. You've got a great idea here. I think I'll spend some time working on an article to post on the Friends Of Bookshare site about scanning tools and how to locate some less expensive options. I'll round up some of the links I use to help people find affordable technology and include them. I hadn't thought about doing something like this, and I hope it will make a difference for someone.

Monica Willyard

Ann Parsons wrote:

Anyway, I didn't know all these things about scanning, and how you could scan cheaply. Perhaps this is something that should be placed in a resource page on Bookshare? Say you created a page that listed the primary vendors first, and then gave alternative methods for scanning. I'll bet that if you had such a page, it would spark some interest.

Ann P.