[bookshare-discuss] Adobe Reader & Jaws

  • From: Chris Fleming <wellbeing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:12:26 -0500

I have had a lot of success with Adobe Reader with Jaws.  I found that I
had problems until I set Adobe Reader up properly.

If you are using a version of Jaws prior to 4.0 I would suggest using Adobe
Reader 4.  Personally I never had much success with Adobe Reader 5, so I
skipped it and have been using Adobe Reader 6 successfully with the latest
version of Jaws.

I would recommend that you go to
www.jfwlite.com
and there you will find a "Helpful Hints" link that has sections for Adobe
Reader 4 and Adobe Readers 5 and 6.

Also, this web site has a link for "Programs" that work with jaws and you
will find direct links to download these versions of Adobe Reader.