[bookshare-discuss] Accessing Bookshare books with the PAC Mate

  • From: "Ron Miller" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:55:25 -0500

good afternoon everyone,
I hope all of you are doing well in 2009. I just wanted to take a moment
to let you know how PAC Mate users can continue to unzip books
downloaded from the Bookshare.org website.

In order to continue downloading and unzipping Bookshare.org books
directly on your PAC Mate, you can download and use the free,
third-party file-management utility called Total Commander. PAC Mate
users and anyone else who would like to know more about how to download,
install and use Total Commander to download and unzip books from
Bookshare.org can go to
http://www.freedomscientific.com/documentation/pacmate/bookshare.asp
for more details and step-by-step instructions.

Like the Unpack utility freedom Scientific has supplied for the PAC
Mate, once it is installed, Total Commander will automatically launch
and provide an unzip dialog when you press Enter on a link to download a
book from the website.

Happy reading and a very happy New Year,

Ron Miller
Product Manager, Blindness Hardware Product Management Freedom
Scientific BLV Group LLC
email: ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: (727) 299-6208
SKYPE: rmiller1171