[bookshare-discuss] 3 questions from Jamie Pauls

  • From: "duane iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:58:53 -0600

OOPS! sorry about the previous message.
I was trying to email from MS-word 97. I didn't realize it would email as an
attachment only.
Anyway here is what I wrote.

I will take a shot at your questions.

1. I find K-1000 to be as responsive as open book I did get a demo of the
program and ran it on a Windows-98 machine with a 500-MHZ processer and 64-megs
of RAM. I now have a faster windows XP machine and both ran Kurzweil.

2. K-1000 is a more accurate scanner. I am a bookshare user and the book Best
Loved Poems of the American People which I sent to Bookshare was scanned and
edited entirely using a K1000 demo. I have now upgraded to the full version,
V-10.5 and awake my CD of V-11 to come. Since I bought K-1000 last June it
should be sent to me.

3. Yes Kurzweil and openbook can co-exist on the same machine. When I got my
new computer, I put K-1000 on it first and then, later, put openbook on the
machine.

I did have some trouble getting gopen book to use the epsen scanner, but as I
don't use O.B. for scanning anyway that didn't trouble me.

Sincerely Yours:
Duane Iverson