[bookport] Re: why did I bring up I-Pod on this list?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:09:39 -0500

Neal, I don't think you were the one that was taken to task.

At 06:39 PM 9/4/2005, you wrote:
At least one person has taken me to task for being off topic on this subject, and perhaps rightly so. Even though I said in my message that it was off topic, others did join in and I take full responsibility for that. Part of my intention was to do something we all often do and that is to talk about other products that can play MP3 files and read books from Audible.com.

I and others do this because, at the moment, we haven't found anything better than the book port. However, sticking our heads in the sand and not looking at other competing products is one way to not allow the book port to improve. So, my comments about the bipod were one, to help me solve my problem, and two, so that I could offer a comparison for those who might want to learn about some features on the bipod which might be possibilities on the bookport.

I promise you that after having my CD rom drive made inoperable by the bipod until I found the item in the registry that the bipod deleted, you will be hearing no more from me on the subject.

Apologies to all for taking us on an off topic, but perhaps informative journey.
Neal

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A