[bookport] Re: using bookport spider

  • From: "Barrett, Don" <Don.Barrett@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:55:04 -0500

Sounds like a Larry podcast.

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Lepofsky
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:51 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] using bookport spider

I sent a message to this list a week ago and hadn't heard back with any
suggestions re how to use bookport spider. Here is a more specific
explanation of my problem in case anyone has any suggestions:

I know that bookport spider is suppsoed to enable us to go to a web page,
mark a series of links and then grab them all at once to transer to the
bookport. what i don't know is this. once i am at a desired web page, how do
i launch bookport spider and mark the first and last links,and then command
it to grab the marked links? the bookport instructions are rather unclear on
this.  i tried going to the web page i wanted,and then hitting the
application key to activate bookport spider, but after i did this, i wasn't
able to mark any links. the help command seems just to send me to the
bookport manual which, as i said, was unclear.

anyone got some tips? thanks