[bookport] trouble transferring daisy files

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:01:21 -0400

Hi Ll,
for over a year now, I've been transferring nearly all file types to the
bookport without trouble of any kind.  But I recently tried to transfer the
daisy version of the niv Bible from bookshare figuring that the navigation
options would be helpful.  I'm running a win 2k machine with the latest
bookport transfer and book wizard betas.  When I try to send the .opf file via
bookport transfer, I get nothing but beeps at about a 3 second interval.  The
title bar says getting book information.  I let it go for 5 minutes or so and
then tried to cancel the operation but the only way I could get it stop beeping
and close the transfer program was to bring up the task manager and end it that
way.  Even having done that, the computer ran sluggishly and only a reboot
would clear it up.  I tried transferring the book both with book wizard open
and closed but got the same results.  I also tried it both with bookport files
selected and then with just .opf selected in the file types box.  Since I've
never tried to send daisy books before I'm sure I'm just missing something or
doing something wrong but what?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Lou