[bookport] Re: suggestion for book port

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:02:35 -0400

I am just talking about a software/firmware restructure, but it is a major =
one. =20

>>> davipere@xxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, April 09, 2004 2:12:14 PM >>>
By restructure, do you mean a physical restructuring of the unit, or a
soft/firmware restructuring?
Rusty
=20

From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]=
=3D=20
=3D20
On Behalf Of LARRY SKUTCHAN
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 5:56 AM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20=20

That is correct.  You cannot do that today, but it is in the works.

We have a temporary limitation of adding one more kind of navigation point =
=3D
=3D3D type to the file.  We propose making that one be a "level 1" Daisy =
mark
=3D =3D3D which would probably be used with the 4+7 (to go back) and the =
go =3D =3D3D forward.  We would then take the navigation marker we are =
currently
=3D3D calling section that moves to any section no matter the level and is =
=3D3D
accessed with 7 for one beep and 9 for one beep and changing that command =
=3D
=3D3D key to 1+4 and 3+6.  This sounds complicated, but if you look at the =
=3D3D
pattern, it kind of fits with the rest of the commands, and it gives us =
=3D
=3D3D the best we can do without some major re-structuring internally.

>>> richcav@xxxxxxxxxxx Friday, April 09, 2004 8:32:15 AM >>>
Hi all quick question lets say you where reading a digital talking book on =
=3D
=3D3D book port and you wanted to go from chapter four to chapter six as =
of
=3D3D today ou can not do that is that in the works?