[bookport] previous messages

  • From: <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:43:58 -0400

Hello folks, I have had a pile of mail lost over the last week or so. I had
posted some messages about things I was interested in and so forth. First I did
find a couple of Daisy book I could play with. One of them was an audio and I
had some very odd results. I still have the book, but the short of it is I'd
start playing the beginning of the book and the BP would lockup. Fiddling
around I got it going again and it seemed no sorse for ware, but I did get some
strange error messages. I am going to go back and try replicating this. I
wonder though if it had anything to do with not having the entire book loaded.
I couldn't fit it all and gee how a 1Gb card can get filled. I can't figure out
with what...grin In any event if anyone has experienced odd behavior like this
I was just curious if you had not loaded the entire book. I was also curious if
anyone had responded to some of the suggestions I had made about the Vorbis/Ogg
file format. I am sorry I missed out on any replies,
 but I hope this is one option that coudl be considered. In any event I finally
had to change teh batteries that came with the BP. I got about a week or so out
of them considering the amount of listening I was doing.

Scott