[bookport] praise and questions

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:12:07 -0800

Hello. I'm quite enamored of my recently-acquired Bookport. I have a few problems to mention, to see if they are unique or have been corroborated, but overall, I find the device well-conceived and highly useful.

I've found two websites for which Spider will not build a list of links.

The cut files command does nothing on my unit. No speech, and also no effect.

My only thought about the addition of an alarm function is that I have had to reset the unit pretty often, thus losing the time. A lost alarm could be worse than no alarm at all if you forget you lost it and count on it.

It might be nice if the ability for individual pronunciation corrections could be added to the transfer software. Some of the abbreviation handling is not quite what every user will want.

Those problems aside, I'm quite delighted with this purchase.

Dean