[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "Sharon" <scfinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:48:50 -0500

Larry,
I have never had any problem with the contacts. My unit was one of the first and I couldn't guess how many times the batteries have been changed. Triple A batteries are thinner. Rechargeable may be more economical. As I have mentioned before, there are times when charging batteries is out of the question. One of the reasons that I think that the spring type of connection may be better is because there isn't any question of which direction the battery installs. Thin would be nice, but only if the batteries were easily obtainable and near the price of current batteries.
Of course, now that I have a Book Port addiction, I have to have my Book Port fix every day. The simple reading machine that I found so amazing three years ago has become so much more. You and the Book Port staff have my admiration and appreciation.

Make it a grate one

Sharon