[bookport] Re: power

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:49:38 -0600

No harm at all. The only reason for not using them is: the battery level indicator is not accurate when using rechargeables.

At 05:13 PM 2/4/2006, you wrote:

Are you thinking something similar to the battery in Braille Sense? I haven't had any experience with it, but it does at least allow the user to replace the battery themselves, and you could always have a second battery around.

I ran into a battery issue yesterday afternoon on my Book Port while in the middle of training a group of vision teachers to use the Book Port. Boy was I happy for those two extra double a batteries that I put in my pocket just before I went into the training. Had it not been for those two batteries I would have been dead in the water since a lot of the training I was doing was by having them follow along with me as I went thru verious exercises on the Book Port.

I am trying to remember if someone said that it was best not to use rechargable batteries in the Book Port. For some reason I thought I read that somewhere. Am i confused? Is there any harm that could be done using rechargeable batteries in the current Book Port?