[bookport] Re: observation in spelling by character vs. word

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:37:15 -0500

A quick solution... Temporarily set the BP to some punctuation... or most... or whatever. When you are done, set it back to where it was.

At 08:24 PM 6/28/2005, you wrote:

I would agree. Wherever spelling is involved, I think, 99.9% of the people are going to want to hear every character.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Debbie Gillespie wrote:

I have noticed something regarding spelling and wondered if this is deliberate in the design.
Let's use a URL for example. If spelling
www.aph.org/tech by word, it seems the slash is not announced. This could be crucial and would save ah, button presses to read the site by character to be sure you have picked up the punctuation.

This actually may have to do with the punctuation setting in the options, but I think it might be good to have the punctuation spoken while pressing the 5, or spell word key.

Those are my thoughts.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A