[bookport] Re: new bookport status

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:04:17 -0500

Richard:

The current Book Port cannot play NLS because of the old hardware on the unit
and because NLS has denied us the right to make the software so that it would
be compatible.

As far as the new Book Port 2 is concerned, we have run into some issues with
the  development of one of the parts.  Therefore, the Book Port 2 has been put
on hold, as far as any release is concerned.  We have had to start over in the
development of it, so it won't be available for quite some time.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/27/07 02:58PM >>>
Hi;
I have been away from this list for at least six months.  What is the status
of the new bookport?  Also does anyone think that there is any chance that
the old bookport will be approved for download of nls material?
Thanks
Richard