[bookport] Re: net library

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:54:00 -0600 (CST)

Net Library usesprotected Windows Media files. Short of using a long-way-around conversion approach such as Total Recorder, there is no way to use the Book Port with these files.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Tiffany H. Jessen wrote:

Hello,
My coworker just notified me that my library recently joined or bought
subscription to or what ever they call it to use net library.
Firstly I'm not sure what format they use, but knowing it is secure and somehow
expires I doubt book port would support it. Is this true.
Second is it possible and if so what is the easiest program for converting it
to something which the book port does support?
Third I thought audible.com used something which was secure, but maybe I'm
wrong. I do know book port supports the format however, so was curious if the
techs at APH would consider making this available at some point.
Thanks.
Tiffany Jessen
Technology Instructor
NJ Foundation for the Blind