[bookport] mp3 problem

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:04:04 -0600

Hi all, I have an interesting problem when trying to send several mp3 files
to my unit. I just bought a 1 gb compactflash card to store all of my mp3
files. After sending around 20 or so, when I try to send more of them, the
software displays this message, ffmp3: error sending application file.
Actually, it's either error sending application file, or error in
application file, since my computer here at home does not work with book
port, I can't say for sure which one it was, but one of the 2. When this
happens, the card has around 800 megs left, so I know that's not the
problem. I tried reformatting the card, and the same thing happened.
Thinking it was perhaps the file, I reformatted the card again, and tried
sending the file that caused the problem, and it sent fine. I then sent
several different files, and after about the same amount, the same thing
happened. I then tried a 256 meg card I had, and after about 20 files or so,
the error happened again, with about 80 megs left on the card. Any thoughts
on this one?