[bookport] Re: marks in unindexed or indexed mp3 files on book port?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:55:13 -0400

Hello Dean:

First of all, the latest version is 2.3 and it is not Beta, so if
you're running any Beta version, you need to update to the 2.3.  You
will have better performance with your 1 gig card, if you format that
card, after updating to this version.  If you just copy the file onto
the card, the file is unindexed, and cannot be marked.

If you want to be able to mark and for the most navigation, you will
need to go through the Transfer software which will be indexed. You
should have no problems setting marks and having them retained in an
indexed file that you have sent through the transfer program.  Hope that
helps.

>>> dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/27/06 03:38PM >>>
Hello Everybody.  I jumped back on here to try to get to the bottom
of a  problem.

Does the book Port support the setting, and most particularly, the
retention of marks in either unindexed or indexed mp3 files/  I ask
because for me, using the latest beta with a 1GB card that shows no
other signs of instability, it does not.  the marks are set and they
work in two unindexed files I tried it on in a subfolder, but as soon
as I navigate away from those files and return, the marks no longer
function.  the manual does not address the question.  Is this the
expected result?  will it be different if I use the transfer software
and have the files indexed?

As I think about it, I know of at least one occasion where numerous
marks in a text file were also lost on this same unit running the
same firmware.

I wish marks worked!

Dean

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT